THE BIG WIN
$5 Million increase in sales in 12 months.
Gross sales went from $27 Million to over
$100 Million in 3 years.
Industry: Entertainment & Casino Promotions
Location: Southern California
How long in business: 19 years
How many employees: 35
Length of engagement: 12 months
- Most of the sales team had no sales skills. They were hired because they were a family friend or referral.
- No sales manager.
- No sales culture.
- 2 partners/owners had different philosophies on how the sales team should be managed.
$5 Million increase in sales in 12 months. Gross sales went from $27 Million to over $100 Million in 3 years. Sales team surpassed yearly sales goal and was awarded an all-expense paid vacation in Hawaii.
- Half day strategic sales planning session with the 2 owners/partners.
- Implemented Sales Management 2.0.
- Started with a half day sales training.
- Implemented bi-monthly sales meetings.
- Implemented one on one bi-monthly coaching sessions.
- Met individually with each salesperson to learn more about them, their selling style, build a personal relationship with them, and find out their strengths and weaknesses.
- Held sales team accountable for entering required data in CRM and completing daily activity tracking reports.
- 2-day sales presentation training for sales team.
- Restructured commission plan to motivate sales team to sell more.
- Implemented a sales culture, brought everyone together as a team.
- Implemented and ran weekly & monthly sales contests.
- Yearly Goal: If the sales team met sales goal for the year, they would be treated to a vacation in Hawaii (all expenses paid and could bring a guest). Surpassed goal and trip was awarded.